After anchoring in Eucott Bay off Dean Channel, Leonard paddled his kayak to shore and enjoyed a soak in the natural hot springs overlooking the bay surrounded by mountains. I paddled to the opposite shore to observe the bears feeding in the open meadows. I managed to get close enough with the kayak to take a picture or two. The bears were enjoying their salad but perhaps they could smell Leonard cooking to a medium rare in the hot springs and were anticipating a small roast for the main course. I left Leonard with the air horn for bear protection but decided I should go back and check on him, "he must be fully cooked by now." Such a pretty spot, Eucott Bay showcases a Yosemite like granite mountain, snow covered peaks, and a waterfall with creeks that run through the meadows into the bay, a great place to anchor with a mud bottom for good holding.
 |
| Hot Springs at Eucott Bay |
 |
| Bear Feeding |
 |
| Bear Feeding |
 |
| Bear Feeding?? |
 |
| Wonderful View from Hot Springs |
No comments:
Post a Comment